Pit-Stop Stromboli Recipe
"Pit-Stop Stromboli was the main course for our race day meal," says Amber Kimmich from Powhatan, Virginia. "This hearty, all-time champ features a three-cheese filling and plenty of pepperoni slices baked into a homemade bread dough roll."
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into strips
- 2 slices Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, cut into strips
- 2 slices provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 28 slices pepperoni
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 16-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap; let rest for 10 minutes.
- 3. Arrange cheese strips and pepperoni evenly over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Remove to a wire rack. Cut into slices; serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Pit-Stop Stromboli
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2011
"Nicely done recipe and the variations are endless."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC