"Pit-Stop Stromboli was the main course for our race day meal," says Amber Kimmich from Powhatan, Virginia. "This hearty, all-time champ features a three-cheese filling and plenty of pepperoni slices baked into a homemade bread dough roll."
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into strips
- 2 slices Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, cut into strips
- 2 slices provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 28 slices pepperoni
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll into a 16-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap; let
- rest for 10 minutes.
- Arrange cheese strips and pepperoni evenly over dough to within 1/2
- in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side;
- pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on a
- greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30