Pit-Stop Stromboli Recipe
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into strips
- 2 slices Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, cut into strips
- 2 slices provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 28 slices pepperoni
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 16-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Arrange cheese strips and pepperoni evenly over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Remove to a wire rack. Cut into slices; serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pit-Stop Stromboli in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p49
Reviews for Pit-Stop Stromboli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2011
"Nicely done recipe and the variations are endless."