- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven
- ingredients. Add turkey and sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake 18-20
- minutes or until cooked through.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add red
- pepper and pepper flakes; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until red
- pepper is tender. Add wine; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch, orange juice, broth, honey and
- orange peel until blended. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in basil and meatballs.
- Sprinkle with pistachios. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 meatball equals 49 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.