Pistachio Quick Bread Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cake and dry pudding mixes. Add the eggs, sour cream, water and oil; beat until blended (batter will be thick).
- 2. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Spoon half of the batter into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans; sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar. Spread with remaining batter; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice: 169 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Pistachio Quick Bread
"My sister-in-law gave this recipe to me about 10 years ago and my family loves it. I use to only make it around Christmas time but have started making it all year long. It goes over really well as mini loaves for bake sales."
"Delicious and a unique addition to a breakfast buffet I catered on St. Patrick's Day! I didn't have a white cake mix so I used a yellow one and it worked fine. Next time, I think I'll make up a little bit more of the cinnamon/sugar mixture and sprinkle some in the pan before adding the first layer of batter."
"The best bread I have ever tasted. Hands down better than zucchini, banana, pumpkin-any kind! Divine!"