Pistachio Quick Bread
I love making many of these special loaves to give away for the holidays. They also freeze well so it is easy to pull out for unexpected guests.—Judy Fischer, Green Bay, Wisconsin
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine cake and dry pudding mixes. Add the eggs,
- sour cream, water and oil; beat until blended (batter will be
- Combine sugar and cinnamon. Spoon half of the batter into two greased
- 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans; sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons
- cinnamon-sugar. Spread with remaining batter; sprinkle with
- remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 169 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.