Pistachio Pumpkin Bread Recipe
These cute little loaves blend pumpkin, pistachio, rum and raisins with festive results. “A few years ago during the holiday season, a friend shared this delightful recipe with me,“ recalls Kathy Kittell in Lenexa, Kansas. “Since then, I’ve made it every holiday and shared it with family and friends.“ TIP: Wrap the bread in colored cellophane, tie with festive ribbon and give as a gift.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package (14 ounces) pumpkin quick bread/muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the bread mix, eggs, water, oil and extract just until blended. Stir in raisins and pistachios. Transfer to three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in extract.
- 4. Remove loaves from pans to wire racks. With a toothpick, poke holes in the top of each loaf; brush with glaze. Cool completely. Yield: 3 mini loaves (4 slices each).
1 serving (1 piece) equals 247 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC