Pistachio Pumpkin Bread Recipe
These cute little loaves blend pumpkin, pistachio, rum and raisins with festive results. Wrap the bread in colored cellophane, tie with festive ribbon and give as a gift. —Kathy Kittell, Lenexa, Kansas.
- 1 package (14 ounces) pumpkin quick bread/muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the bread mix, eggs, water, oil and extract just until blended. Stir in raisins and pistachios. Transfer to three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in extract.
- 4. Remove loaves from pans to wire racks. With a toothpick, poke holes in the top of each loaf; brush with glaze. Cool completely. Yield: 3 mini loaves (4 slices each).
1 piece: 247 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pistachio Pumpkin Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC