Our Home Economists added an Irish touch to these traditional dessert treatswith mouthwatering results! The old-fashioned pastry mixes up quickly before baking. Then a smooth green filling of whipped cream and pistachio pudding fills the round shells easily thanks to a simple instant mix.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, sugar and salt to a
- boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove
- from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until
- mixture is smooth and shiny. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in.
- apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to
- wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in each puff to allow steam to
- escape; cool. Split puffs; remove soft dough from inside with a
- fork. Prepare pudding according to package directions for pie; fold
- in whipped topping. Spoon into cream puffs. Yield: about 2 dozen.