Pistachio Pudding Tarts Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1. In a large bowl, combine butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour until blended.
- 2. Shape into 48 balls (1 in. each); press onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes; carefully remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until set. Cover and refrigerate for 5 minutes. Spoon into tart shells. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 165 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Pistachio Pudding Tarts
"I did add some sugar to this recipe...just go by taste and I did freeze them...they freeze well"
"This recipe is so easy to make and I LOVE the results...you can easily use other pudding flavors for different holidays I rate this a A+ !!"
"We have reviewed this recipe again and it is correct as published. There is not any sugar in the tart shells.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"We enjoyed these tarts, however I thought there should have been sugar in the tart. They were very easy to make and the filling was just enough for the 24 tarts. I will make these again."
"I too thought there was some sugar or vanilla /almond flavoring missing from the tart shells. Does anyone know if they can be frozen?"
"Very easy to make, although I questioned if there was sugar missing from the recipe. It isn't necessary with the pudding. I made this for a tea party with my daughter & niece, on St. Patrick's Day. Pretty & simple."