Pistachio Pudding Tarts Recipe
For St. Patrick's Day or anytime you want a treat that's green, refreshing and delightful, try these tempting tarts suggested by Bettye Linster of Atlanta, Georgia.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1. In a large bowl, combine butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour until blended.
- 2. Shape into 48 balls (1 in. each); press onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes; carefully remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until set. Cover and refrigerate for 5 minutes. Spoon into tart shells. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 165 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC