Pistachio Orange Drops
These shaped sugar cookies are topped with melted chocolate and chopped pistachios, making them a pretty treat for special occasions.
27 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add flour and mix well. Set aside 3 tablespoons pistachios
- for topping; stir remaining pistachios and orange peel into dough.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 1-1.2 in. apart on ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Dip each cookie halfway, allowing excess to drip off. Dip in
- reserved pistachios. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 175 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.