Pistachio Orange Asparagus Recipe
We're so pleased to have finally gotten an asparagus bed established! Now when I have a bounty of those tender spears, I pull out this recipe. Orange and pistachios complement the asparagus beautifully. —Janice Mitchell Aurora, Colorado
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 6 tablespoons coarsely chopped pistachios
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Place asparagus in a steamer basket over water; cover and steam for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Place asparagus on a serving platter and keep warm.
- 2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook pistachios in butter for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add orange juice and peel; heat through. Pour over asparagus. Sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (4 each) equals 135 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC