Pistachio Orange Asparagus Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 6 tablespoons coarsely chopped pistachios
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Dash pepper
- In a saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Place asparagus in a steamer basket over water; cover and steam for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Place asparagus on a serving platter and keep warm.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook pistachios in butter for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add orange juice and peel; heat through. Pour over asparagus. Sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pistachio Orange Asparagus in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p33
Reviews for Pistachio Orange Asparagus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2013
"I loved this simple but delicious recipe,used less butter and subbed sliced almonds for pistachios. will definitely make again."