This was one of my mom's favorite holiday cookie recipes. Light as air and with the flavors and colors of Christmas, each time I bake a batch it's a sweet reminder of how precious those times were with her.—Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
Recommended: 30 Recipes for Valentine's Day Cookies
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 cup finely crushed peppermint candies
- Additional chopped pistachios, optional
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 225°. Add vanilla, cream of tartar and salt to egg whites; beat on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form. Fold in baking chips, pistachios and crushed candies.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. If desired, sprinkle with additional pistachios. Bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until firm to the touch. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 10 dozen.
Originally published as Pistachio-Mint Meringue Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014, p2-5
Reviews for Pistachio-Mint Meringue Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2015
"EXCELLENT and easy to make. Doesn't make 10 dozen."