Pistachio Mini Loaves Recipe
In Carmel, Indiana, Joanne Loefgren bakes up this green-hued bread for any occasion, but it's especially appropriate for Christmas or St. Patrick's Day. The little loaves have a pistachio flavor, light cake-like texture and crunchy topping.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes. Add sour cream, eggs, oil and water; beat until blended. Pour into five greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Combine the pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 5 loaves, 25 servings, 5 per loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 183 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Pistachio Mini Loaves
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC