Pistachio Mini Loaves Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes. Add sour cream, eggs, oil and water; beat until blended. Pour into five greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Combine the pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 5 loaves, 25 servings, 5 per loaf.
1 slice: 183 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pistachio Mini Loaves
"These made beautiful loaves for St. Patrick's Day! To my surprise, even with the addition of sour cream the little loaves turned out light. Made according to directions only adding 2tsp of Almond extract. As a Taste of Home volunteer food editor I love being able to share baked goods with friends. These loaves were individually wrapped and given away. Compliments by everyone!"
"I LOVE this recipe! It is very easy to make and tastes so good! I have been using this recipe for several years now right before Christmas to make the mini-loaves to share with family and friends. I love that the recipe makes 5 loaves! That way there are plenty to share with others!"