Pistachio Mallow Salad Recipe
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 6 to 7 drops green food coloring, optional
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios or walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine whipped topping, pudding mix and food coloring if desired. Fold in the marshmallows and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pistachio Mallow Salad(13)
Sort By :
So easy and really good. Be careful or you will eat the whole thing!
We throw a surprise 80th birthday party for my Dad yesterday. 115 guest in attendance, so I made 10 recipes of this pudding. I mixed the walnuts throughout the pudding. Also made a third of it without the marshmallows, a few family members like it that way. To share a party menu idea with everyone, we served 3 types each of soup and sandwhich. Soups: ham and bean, wedding and stuffed pepper soup. Sandwiches: hot turkey, keilbasa and sauerkraut and cold beef spread. Also served coleslaw, this pudding, and cake. It was a nice alternative to our normal chicken and rigatoni.
My grandma made this every year at the holidays and she passed away last christmas so I made this for my dad for thanksgiving and it brought back so many memories for us!
This is so good. I added a can of cocktail fruit with half the juice and used crushed walnuts as a topping... absolutely delicious!
I always make this recipe,I usually add a container of sour cream to this recipe. So easy and delicious. No need to put nuts and food coloring.