Pistachio Mallow Salad Recipe
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 6 to 7 drops green food coloring, optional
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios or walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine whipped topping, pudding mix and food coloring if desired. Fold in the marshmallows and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pistachio Mallow Salad
Sort By :
"So good. My mom made this once a year for either thanksgiving or Christmas and it was always my favorite. Only thing different was the pistachios on top, which I didn't care for only because of the saltiness. I don't know if there is such thing as unsalted pistachios, but if so that would be the way to go. I don't really like walnuts so I didn't try those. But either way, this recipe is a family favorite and AWESOME!"
"So good- so easy!"
"Tip: mix the pineapple and the pistachio pudding mix together first. This will ensure that there aren't any pudding lumps! Then add in the Cool Whip; it helps if you leave the CW on the counter for maybe twenty to thirty minutes first so it is easier to stir. Then add marshmallows and refrigerate. We love this recipe, too! It has been a family recipe for years and years, and I'm so glad it is here! :-)"
"Made this for thanksgiving and everyone loved it. It' went quickly and the family is asking when I'm going to make it again!"
"This is an easy side dish to make for picnics and the kids eat it up."