- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 6 to 7 drops green food coloring, optional
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios or walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine whipped topping, pudding mix and food coloring if desired. Fold in the marshmallows and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pistachio Mallow Salad
"Love this recipe. With the crunch from the pistachios and the creamy pudding mixture and marshmallows, it's really smooth and refreshing!"
"This is always a hit at family celebrations! Everyone wants my recipe! So easy--so delicious!"
"I have been making this "salad" for years and my children and grandchildren look forward to it as part of any dinner. My youngest granddaughter calls it "mistachio" so now that is our endearing term for this favorite recipe. We love all of the pistachio recipes from Taste of Home. I do agree with Imdelzercox, mix the pudding and pineapple before adding the other ingredients."
"So good. My mom made this once a year for either thanksgiving or Christmas and it was always my favorite. Only thing different was the pistachios on top, which I didn't care for only because of the saltiness. I don't know if there is such thing as unsalted pistachios, but if so that would be the way to go. I don't really like walnuts so I didn't try those. But either way, this recipe is a family favorite and AWESOME!"
"So good- so easy!"