Pistachio Mallow Salad Recipe
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 6 to 7 drops green food coloring, optional
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios or walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine whipped topping, pudding mix and food coloring if desired. Fold in the marshmallows and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pistachio Mallow Salad
Sort By :
"This is an easy side dish to make for picnics and the kids eat it up."
"So easy and really good. Be careful or you will eat the whole thing!"
"We throw a surprise 80th birthday party for my Dad yesterday. 115 guest in attendance, so I made 10 recipes of this pudding. I mixed the walnuts throughout the pudding. Also made a third of it without the marshmallows, a few family members like it that way. To share a party menu idea with everyone, we served 3 types each of soup and sandwhich. Soups: ham and bean, wedding and stuffed pepper soup. Sandwiches: hot turkey, keilbasa and sauerkraut and cold beef spread. Also served coleslaw, this pudding, and cake. It was a nice alternative to our normal chicken and rigatoni."
"My grandma made this every year at the holidays and she passed away last christmas so I made this for my dad for thanksgiving and it brought back so many memories for us!"
"This is so good. I added a can of cocktail fruit with half the juice and used crushed walnuts as a topping... absolutely delicious!"