Pistachio Ice Cream Yule Log Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups pistachio ice cream, softened
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, divided
- Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar, beating for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Stir in water and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Invert cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off parchment paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Unroll cake; spread ice cream evenly over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt four ounces of chocolate; stir until smooth. Spread over a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Break chilled chocolate into 3-in. x 1-in. pieces. Melt remaining chocolate; spread over top, sides and ends of cake. Working quickly, place chocolate pieces on cake to resemble bark. Freeze until serving. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pistachio Ice Cream Yule Log(6)
Sort By :
Looked really nice. Great for christmas eve
over and over again
great told me exaculet what to do delicous
I made this for Christmas and it came out great! I think any ice cream flavor would do. It is not hard to make so don't be afraid. It's a winner in my collection!
I would definitely make this yule log again and I found it perfect just the way it was.