Pistachio Ice Cream Dessert
Both creamy and crunchy, this fabulous frozen dessert is a favorite at our house. You'll love the pistachio flavor and toffee candy topping.
9 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 packages (1.4 ounces each) Heath candy bars, crushed
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into an
- ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 325° for 7-10 minutes
- or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes
- (mixture will be thick). Stir in ice cream; pour over crust. Cover
- and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with crushed candy bars. Cover
- and freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 364 calories, 20 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 352 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.