Pistachio Herb Salad Recipe
If you're searching for healthier alternatives for lunch or a new side dish with dinner, try this tart, tasty salad from our Test Kitchen. It goes together in minutes.
- 2 cups chopped romaine
- 1/2 cup cubed avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the romaine, avocado, tomato and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar and seasonings; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pistachios. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 300 calories, 27g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Pistachio Herb Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC