After a search for the perfect granola, I found this recipe and tweaked it just a little for my taste. Enjoy it as a crunchy topping on your yogurt or give it away as a thoughtful homemade gift. —Candy Summerhill, Alexander, Arkansas
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Apple juice or cider or unsweetened apple juice
Save more on this seasonal favorite from ALDI.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Cheerios
- 2/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup dried apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large skillet, toast oats over medium heat until golden brown.
- Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook and stir brown sugar
- and apple cider over medium-low heat until brown sugar is dissolved,
- about 1-2 minutes. Add cinnamon and salt; stir to combine.
- Stir in the cereal, pistachios, fruits, sunflower kernels and
- reserved oats until coated. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 6 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 233 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 122 mg sodium,