Pistachio Granola Recipe
After a search for the perfect granola, I found this recipe and tweaked it just a little for my taste. Enjoy it as a crunchy topping on your yogurt or give it away as a thoughtful homemade gift. —Candy Summerhill, Alexander, Arkansas
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Cheerios
- 2/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup dried apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1. In a large skillet, toast oats over medium heat until golden brown. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook and stir brown sugar and apple cider over medium-low heat until brown sugar is dissolved, about 1-2 minutes. Add cinnamon and salt; stir to combine.
- 2. Stir in the cereal, pistachios, fruits, sunflower kernels and reserved oats until coated. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 cups.
1/2 cup equals 233 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Pistachio Granola
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC