More than anything, I love having friends over for drinks & appetizers. My savory cheesecake always makes a grand impression! —Michaela Rosenthal, Woodland Hills, California
Featured In: Recipes with Cranberries
- 2 shallots, quartered
- 1 pound crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1/4 cup Madeira wine
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1-1/2 cups pistachios, toasted and chopped, divided
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- Assorted crackers
- Line the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place shallots in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. Add 2 cups Gorgonzola, butter, cream cheese, wine, orange peel, cream, pepper and mustard; cover and process until blended. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup pistachios, green onions, basil, parsley, tomatoes and remaining Gorgonzola cheese. Spread half of mixture in prepared pan. Top with half of cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Pat down. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Carefully unmold onto a serving platter. Remove parchment paper. Finely chop remaining pistachios; press onto sides of cheesecake. Serve with crackers. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Pistachio Gorgonzola Cheesecake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p93
Reviews for Pistachio Gorgonzola Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review