"My husband, a diabetic, always smiles when he finds this fun and fluffy salad on the menu," shares Gail Bartlett from Hallowell, Maine. She pairs pistachio pudding with pineapple, oranges and other fruits for a tasty guilt-free treat.
Recommended: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed unsweetened pineapple
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) unsweetened fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a bowl, whisk together reserved juice and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Stir in the pineapple, fruit cocktail and mandarin oranges. Fold in whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pistachio Fruit Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p47
Reviews for Pistachio Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2013
"Great as a light dessert. I added some toasted pecans and coconut"
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2008
"I use a whole 12 ounce containerof cool whip when I make this recipe. I use extra cherries also. It's a wonderful fluff."