"My husband, a diabetic, always smiles when he finds this fun and fluffy salad on the menu," shares Gail Bartlett from Hallowell, Maine. She pairs pistachio pudding with pineapple, oranges and other fruits for a tasty guilt-free treat.
Recommended: 66 Recipes to Make This Spring
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed unsweetened pineapple
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) unsweetened fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a bowl, whisk together reserved juice and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Stir in the pineapple, fruit cocktail and mandarin oranges. Fold in whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pistachio Fruit Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p47
Reviews forPistachio Fruit Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2013
"Great as a light dessert. I added some toasted pecans and coconut"
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2008
"I use a whole 12 ounce containerof cool whip when I make this recipe. I use extra cherries also. It's a wonderful fluff."