Pineapple, maraschino cherries and mandarin oranges complement the pistachio pudding in this cloud-like concoction that's perfect for a holiday buffet. "This is a jazzed-up version of a recipe my mother gave me," says Ann Sloane of Greendale, Wisconsin.
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (32 ounces) fat-free reduced-sugar vanilla yogurt, divided
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup halved maraschino cherries
- In a food processor, combine cottage cheese and 1 cup yogurt; cover
- and process until smooth.
- Place remaining yogurt in a large bowl. Add pudding mix; whisk for 2
- minutes or until slightly thickened. Add cottage cheese mixture; mix
- well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 137 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk, 1/2 fat.