- just until combined. Fold in dates and pistachios.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at
- 300° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold
- in ginger. Serve with cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice with 2 tablespoons cream equals 520 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.