- 4 salmon fillets (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place fillets on a greased baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread with mayonnaise and sprinkle with pistachios.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook and stir shallot in oil over medium-high heat until tender. Add cream, lemon peel, salt and cayenne; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pistachio-Crusted Salmon with Lemon Cream Sauce
Sort By :
This turned out excellent!!! It was moist, creamy and had my favorite nut on there. I have four kids that ate it down faster than ice-cream. No left overs :)
We loved the recipe. I didn't include the shallots in the sauce. We loved the nutty taste of the pistachios and creamy sauce with the salmon. Easy to make, yet looks very elegant.
I loved this recipe!!! We cook salmon all of the time and now this is one of our favorites. Very simple to make...didn't change a thing and it was yummy!
This was so good. we had Broccoli with it and the sauce was good on it also
This recipe was EXCELLENT! My husband and I are definitely planning to put this on our list of recipes to make again. The flavor was astounding and the sauce was rich and creamy!