Pistachio-Crusted Salmon with Lemon Cream Sauce Recipe
- 4 salmon fillets (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Place fillets on a greased baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread with mayonnaise and sprinkle with pistachios.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook and stir shallot in oil over medium-high heat until tender. Add cream, lemon peel, salt and cayenne; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 1/4 cup sauce equals 699 calories, 59 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 837 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.