Pistachio-Crusted Salmon Cakes Recipe
It takes only half an hour to give salmon patties glamour. These time-saving fish cakes get a rich, buttery crunch from ground pistachio nuts. —Mary Lou Timpson, Colorado City, Arizona
- 1-1/4 pounds salmon fillets
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup coarsely ground pistachios
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Lime wedges
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat; add fillets and poach, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from pan and cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mustard, lime peel, salt and pepper. Shred salmon with two forks; fold into bread crumb mixture. Shape into eight patties. Coat both sides with pistachios.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook patties in oil in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 538 calories, 38g fat (6g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Pistachio-Crusted Salmon Cakes
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC