Pistachio-Crusted Salmon Cakes Recipe
It takes only half an hour to give salmon patties glamour. These time-saving fish cakes get a rich, buttery crunch from ground pistachio nuts. —Mary Lou Timpson, Colorado City, Arizona
- 1-1/4 pounds salmon fillets
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup coarsely ground pistachios
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Lime wedges
- In a large nonstick skillet, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat; add fillets and poach, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from pan and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mustard, lime peel, salt and pepper. Shred salmon with two forks; fold into bread crumb mixture. Shape into eight patties. Coat both sides with pistachios.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook patties in oil in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pistachio-Crusted Salmon Cakes in Country Woman December/January 2009, p28
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pistachio-Crusted Salmon Cakes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pistachio Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Salmon Dinner Recipes >