Pistachio-Crusted Fried Fish
This nut-crusted fish from our Test Kitchen home economists is so much better than ordinary breaded fish. Pistachios give it great color.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 pounds whitefish or cod fillets
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place flour and
- milk in separate shallow bowls. Dip fillets in flour, then in milk;
- coat with pistachio mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for
- 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 363 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 344 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven