This nut-crusted fish from our Test Kitchen home economists is so much better than ordinary breaded fish. Pistachios give it great color.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 pounds whitefish or cod fillets
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place flour and milk in separate shallow bowls. Dip fillets in flour, then in milk; coat with pistachio mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pistachio-Crusted Fried Fish in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p97
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pistachio-Crusted Fried Fish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review