- Place in a small bowl; cover and let stand 20 minutes. Process
- pistachios in a food processor until ground. Transfer to a shallow
- bowl; add bread crumbs. Place buttermilk in another bowl.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; dip in buttermilk, then coat
- with pistachio mixture. Place on a work surface; top with goat
- cheese and basil. Fold chicken in half; secure with toothpicks if
- Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter;
- sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 35-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Discard
- Discard charred skin from pepper; discard seeds and membranes. Place
- pepper in a food processor. In a small skillet, saute shallot in oil
- until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add broth; heat
- through. Add mixture to the food processor; process until blended.
- Whisk vinegar and oil. Add spinach and basil; toss to coat. Divide
- salad among four plates; top with chicken and pepper sauce. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast with 3/4 cup salad and 2 tablespoons sauce equals 652 calories, 37 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 909 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 52 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.