Pistachio-Crusted Chicken with Garden Spinach Recipe
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 1-1/4 cups pistachios
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- Broil pepper 4 in. from heat until blistered. Rotate pepper a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Place in a small bowl; cover and let stand 20 minutes. Process pistachios in a food processor until ground. Transfer to a shallow bowl; add bread crumbs. Place buttermilk in another bowl.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; dip in buttermilk, then coat with pistachio mixture. Place on a work surface; top with goat cheese and basil. Fold chicken in half; secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks.
- Discard charred skin from pepper; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper in a food processor. In a small skillet, saute shallot in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add broth; heat through. Add mixture to the food processor; process until blended.
- Whisk vinegar and oil. Add spinach and basil; toss to coat. Divide salad among four plates; top with chicken and pepper sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pistachio-Crusted Chicken with Garden Spinach
Sort By :
This was the most delicious dish. A great complex of flavors. I had to focus a bit to make it the first time, as I'm a new cook to multii-stage recipes, but now I could whip through it. I served it with rosemary red potatoes (requested by my love) and it paired great. Everybody loved it!! It looked amazing...
Made this for New Years Eve Dinner and it was out of this world!
My sister made me this for my birthday lunch great receipe tasted great. she also added fresh strawberries and orange slices.
this tasted like summertime in your mouth...very fresh. I didn't have shallots and substituted with green onions. I also didn't have any panko bread crumbs so just shredded 2 slices of whole wheat bread. It worked great!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pistachio Recipes >