- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups pistachios, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, combine pistachios and tarragon. Place flour and eggs in separate bowls. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in eggs and coat with pistachio mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter in batches over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir in flour until blended. Gradually add the wine, cream, tarragon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pistachio-Crusted Chicken Breasts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p55
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pistachio-Crusted Chicken Breasts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review