Pistachio Cream Puffs Recipe
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add egg; beat well. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 2. Drop by rounded 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Immediately split the puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard the soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- 3. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Just before serving, fill cream puffs and replace tops. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
One cream puff (prepared with fat-free milk adn sugar-free pudding; calculated without confectioners' sugar) equals 175 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 625 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.