Pistachio Cream Puffs Recipe
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add egg; beat well. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by rounded 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Immediately split the puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard the soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Just before serving, fill cream puffs and replace tops. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pistachio Cream Puffs(2)
Sort By :
the puffs were easy to make but hard to cut - they were very flat and the tops were pieces ... im not sure if it was because i tried to multiply the recipe but the filling was like soup and should have probably set for at least an hour if not over night. when i did multiply it - i should have ended up with 24 puffs and only got about 18 and the filling was about 15 times too much .. i am not sure if there are some tricks i missed here but according to the directions i was very disappointed - i will say they tasted great- though i had to serve them with a spoon .
Very delicious and very simple to make! You can use ny kind of pudding mix for the filling- I used sugar-free vanilla pudding and added some Cool Whip to make it creamier.