Pistachio Cream Dessert Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- 1. In a microwave-safe 8-in. square dish, melt butter. Stir in cracker crumbs; press mixture onto bottom of dish. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. Whisk in ice cream. Pour over crust. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- 2. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with crushed candy bars. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 303 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (22g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Pistachio Cream Dessert
"Im new here and I was wondering if anybody has made this with any other pudding mixes...and also is the recipe calling for RITZ crackers? Im not much of a cooker so im not sure. If somebody could please help me Id be truely greatful. Thank you very much"
"This looks good and I hope to make it soon but I have a question. Does the phrase "frozen fat-free whipped topping" necessarily mean Cool Whip? I have friends who do not like Cool Whip so have been wondering if someone can suggest an alternative. Thanks in advance for your in-put."
"This dessert is absolutely fabulous! It is easy to prepare and keeps well for long periods of time when frozen. I have subsituted pistachio mix with coconut cream, banana cream and vanilla. They are equally delicious. Everytime I have served this at family or church functions I am always asked for the recipe! You won't be disappointed!"
"I've been looking for this recipe for yearsmy Mom used to make it for us. It isa great easy recipe, thanks!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.