Pistachio Cream Dessert
With its crisp crumb crust, ice cream filling and crunchy toffee topping, frozen Pistachio Cream Dessert is a cool way to top off any warm-weather meal. “I find the candy bars crush more easily when cold or frozen,” says Hazel King of Nacogdoches, Texas.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers
Bring distinctive taste to holiday parties with Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers.
Learn More >
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- In a microwave-safe 8-in. square dish, melt butter. Stir in cracker
- crumbs; press mixture onto bottom of dish. In a bowl, whisk milk and
- pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Whisk in ice cream. Pour over crust. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with crushed candy bars. Freeze
- for 1 hour or until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 303 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 317 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.