With its crisp crumb crust, ice cream filling and crunchy toffee topping, frozen Pistachio Cream Dessert is a cool way to top off any warm-weather meal. “I find the candy bars crush more easily when cold or frozen,” says Hazel King of Nacogdoches, Texas.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- In a microwave-safe 8-in. square dish, melt butter. Stir in cracker crumbs; press mixture onto bottom of dish. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. Whisk in ice cream. Pour over crust. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with crushed candy bars. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pistachio Cream Dessert in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p61
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pistachio Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review