My son-in-law is a big fan of pistachios. He looks forward to these buttery cookies at holiday time, but I make them for him more than just once a year. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 drops green food coloring
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 60 shelled pistachios (about 1/3 cup)
- In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in egg, lemon peel, vanilla and food coloring. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a 7-1/2-in.-long roll. Roll in chopped pistachios. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press a whole pistachio into the center of each cookie.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Pistachio Cream Cheese Cookies in Taste of Home December 2013
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pistachio Cream Cheese Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review