Pistachio Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 drops green food coloring
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 60 shelled pistachios (about 1/3 cup)
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in egg, lemon peel, vanilla and food coloring. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- 2. Divide dough in half; shape each into a 7-1/2-in.-long roll. Roll in chopped pistachios. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press a whole pistachio into the center of each cookie.
- 4. Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 cookie equals 61 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Pistachio Cream Cheese Cookies
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.