Traditional rugelach gets dressed up for the holiday with pistachios, cranberries, and snow-white icing. Rich but not too sweet! — Deborah Hinojosa, Saratoga, California
48 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- In a large bowl, cream the softened butter, cream cheese and salt
- until blended; beat in cream. Gradually beat in flour.
- Divide dough into four portions. Shape each into a disk; wrap in
- plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, pistachios, sugar and
- cinnamon; set aside.
- Working with one portion of dough at a time, roll each into a 12-in.
- circle on a lightly floured surface. Brush with one fourth of the