Pistachio-Cranberry Rugelach Recipe
Traditional rugelach gets dressed up for the holiday with pistachios, cranberries, and snow-white icing. Rich but not too sweet! — Deborah Hinojosa, Saratoga, California
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the softened butter, cream cheese and salt until blended; beat in cream. Gradually beat in flour.
- 2. Divide dough into four portions. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle. In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, pistachios, sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- 3. Working with one portion of dough at a time, roll each into a 12-in. circle on a lightly floured surface. Brush with one fourth of the melted butter. Sprinkle with one fourth of the cranberry mixture, pressing lightly to adhere. Cut dough into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets, point side down.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until bottoms are browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 5. In a small bowl, mix the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough water to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Pistachio-Cranberry Rugelach
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC