Pistachio-Cranberry Rugelach Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- In a large bowl, cream the softened butter, cream cheese and salt until blended; beat in cream. Gradually beat in flour.
- Divide dough into four portions. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle. In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, pistachios, sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Working with one portion of dough at a time, roll each into a 12-in. circle on a lightly floured surface. Brush with one fourth of the melted butter. Sprinkle with one fourth of the cranberry mixture, pressing lightly to adhere. Cut dough into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets, point side down.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until bottoms are browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough water to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Pistachio-Cranberry Rugelach(3)
Sort By :
Outstanding! I love this cookie. It is a labor intensive cookie as I hand chopped all the pistachios and cranberries and made a double batch at once. I also decided to sprinkle a little green sugar onto the glaze. Yum Yum Yum. These were a big hit at my annual cookie party.
I have made rugelach many times with cinnamon-sugar, so I wanted to see if this recipe would be more special, but the red and green colors do not show up well in the final product, so the only one who gets to enjoy the festive look is the cook. They are delicious, of course, but the filling looks a bit like hamburger crumbles.
I love this recipe I have made it 3 times .
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cranberry Cookies >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Hanukkah Desserts >
- Hanukkah Recipes >