I came up with this recipe one year when looking for a cookie that had a little red and green in it. The combination of cranberries and pistachios is delicious.
Recommended: 42 Holiday Party Snacks Every Host Should Know
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, oil and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the cereal, oats, cranberries and pistachios.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Pistachio Cranberry Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p76
Reviews for Pistachio Cranberry Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review