I came up with this recipe one year when looking for a cookie that had a little red and green in it. The combination of cranberries and pistachios is delicious.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, oil and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the cereal, oats, cranberries and pistachios.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Pistachio Cranberry Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p76
Reviews for Pistachio Cranberry Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2015
"A very good cookie recipe. It even taste better when it's days old."