Pistachio-Cranberry Biscotti for a Crowd Recipe
Field editor Dawn Fagerstrom of Warren Minnesota says friends were delighted to receive her fruit and nut biscotti mix. “Layer the dry ingredients in a clear jar, add a bow and attach the instructions for preparation and baking,” she notes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1. Combine flour and baking powder; pour into a wide-mouth 1-qt. glass container with a tight-fitting lid. Sprinkle cinnamon around edge of container. Layer with 1/3 cup sugar, pistachios and cranberries, packing each layer tightly (do not mix). Pour remaining sugar down the center. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- 2. To prepare biscotti: In a large bowl, beat butter and eggs. Gradually stir in biscotti mix (dough will be sticky). Chill for 30 minutes.
- 3. Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each half into a 10-in. x 2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until firm. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 4. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in.-thick slices. Place cut side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn and bake 5-6 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 16 cookies.
1 each: 183 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pistachio-Cranberry Biscotti for a Crowd
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC