Pistachio Cookies Recipe
This wonderful cookie is always part of my holiday cookie treats. They are fun to make and everyone will be impress with how pretty the green coloring is.—Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 to 3 drops green food coloring
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios or pecans
- 1/2 cup green colored sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the butter, oil and confectioners' sugar until blended (mixture will clump together). Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract and food coloring.
- 2. Combine the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, cream of tarter and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in colored sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 cookie equals 117 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC