Pistachio Cookie Dessert
"With its smooth pistachio filling, this cool treat is a favorite refreshment at summer 4-H meetings," remarks Audrey Phillips of Gambier, Ohio. "It's best made and frozen a day in advance," she recommends. "It will thaw as you head to a picnic or potluck."
12-15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Place cookies in a blender; cover and process until fine crumbs form.
- Stir in butter. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb
- mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2
- minutes. Gradually add ice cream. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over crust. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top, pressing
- down lightly. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from
- the freezer 20 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 446 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 459 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.