"With its smooth pistachio filling, this cool treat is a favorite refreshment at summer 4-H meetings," remarks Audrey Phillips of Gambier, Ohio. "It's best made and frozen a day in advance," she recommends. "It will thaw as you head to a picnic or potluck."
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Place cookies in a blender; cover and process until fine crumbs form. Stir in butter. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Gradually add ice cream. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over crust. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top, pressing down lightly. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Pistachio Cookie Desserts in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p45
Reviews for Pistachio Cookie Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review