Pistachio Coconut Chews
Fans of coconut will enjoy that ingredient in both the top and bottom layers of these nutty, chewy confections. Spiced with cardamom, they have a splash of coconut milk, too.
81 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 8 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 teaspoons matcha (green tea powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, confectioners' sugar, coconut
- milk and corn syrup. Press half of the mixture into a greased 9-in.
- square pan.
- Add the pistachios, matcha, extract and cardamom to the remaining
- coconut mixture and press in an even layer over the top. Cover and
- refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into 1-in. squares. Dip
- bottoms in confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2-1/4 pounds.