Pistachio Chocolate Macarons Recipe
Traditional macarons are confections made with egg whites, sugar and almonds. Our Test Kitchen's version calls for pistachios and features a luscious chocolate filling.
- 3 large egg whites
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- CHOCOLATE FILLING:
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Place confectioners' sugar and pistachios in a food processor. Cover and process until pistachios become a fine powder.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Add salt to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in pistachio mixture.
- 3. Place mixture in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe 1-in.-diameter cookies 1 in. apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to the touch. Cool completely on pans on wire racks.
- 4. Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream and corn syrup just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Whisk in butter. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature or until filling reaches a spreading consistency, about 45 minutes. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 156 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pistachio Chocolate Macarons
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC