Pistachio Chip Cookies
Coming from a family of pistachio producers, I've collected hundreds of recipes featuring these crisp, delicious green nuts. This is one of our favorites.—Malinda Moore Davies, Fesno, California
54 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 package (12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1-1/3 cups chopped pistachios, divided
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and oats; gradually add to
- creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and 1 cup pistachios.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Lightly press remaining pistachios into cookies.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2
- minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 9 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 147 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.