Coming from a family of pistachio producers, I've collected hundreds of recipes featuring these crisp, delicious green nuts. This is one of our favorites.—Malinda Moore Davies, Fesno, California
Recommended: 20 Recipes for Your Christmas Cookie Swap
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 package (12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1-1/3 cups chopped pistachios, divided
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and oats; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and 1 cup pistachios.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Lightly press remaining pistachios into cookies.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 9 dozen.
Originally published as Pistachio Chip Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p65
Reviews for Pistachio Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2014
"I'd prepared these cookies and I found that the recipe made about 6 to 6-1/2 dozen cookies.I used: semi-sweet chocolate chips since I had them on hand at the time instead of vanilla chips. I also added 1 tsp. salt to recipe and greased the baking sheets. delowenstein"