This appealing dessert, with its pretty pistachio filling, almond crust and chocolate drizzle, is creamy smooth. I created it one Christmas Eve and my family raved about it. I've never seen cheesecake disappear so quickly! -Karen Ankerson, Manistee, Michigan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 6 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- Chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream and chopped pistachios, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and almonds; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/4 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and pudding mixes until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Reduce heat to 350°. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Slice cheesecake; drizzle slices with chocolate syrup. Garnish with whipped cream and pistachios if desired. Yield: 12 -14 servings.
Originally published as Pistachio Cheesecake in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p41
Reviews for Pistachio Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review