- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 6 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- Chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream and chopped pistachios, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and almonds; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/4 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and pudding mixes until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Reduce heat to 350°. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Slice cheesecake; drizzle slices with chocolate syrup. Garnish with whipped cream and pistachios if desired. Yield: 12 -14 servings.
Reviews for Pistachio Cheesecake
"It was totally tasteless and very expensive to make. Everyone was disappointed."
"Hi guys,The picture above shows that the cake has a crust on top as well. Any ideas on how this is achieved?"
"The filling is great. But the crust I would use a graham cracker or cookie crust for the crust part. The crust was like pie dough .That part was awful also the crust was quite thick. I like a lot thinner crust. Instead of using chocolate syrup. I melteded chocolate chips and drizzled it over the top."
"I added a tablespoon of almond extract to boost the flavor and about 3 drops of green food coloring to boost the color. Instead of the chocolate topping, I stirred up a can of whole berry cranberry sauce and spooned it over the top around the edge .... everyone at my open house remarked how the red berries and green cake looked just like a Christmas wreath. Very tasty!!"
"Weird flavour - flavourless & just ... blah, not very yummy so will never make again!"
"This cheesecake is great! I really liked the almond crust, it went very good with the pistachio flavor."
"I love pistachio anything. I just made this, but have to wait to try it.. I already know that it is going to spectacular, because I likced the spoon... I will def. put this in my favorite recipe spot..... ;)"
"My Mom made this Cheesecake for Easter and it was sooooo.... Good. I wanted to take 2 pieces home (one for my Husband and 1for Me) But there wasn't any left. She didn't put the chocolate syrup on it and she put the cream all on top and pieces of Pistachio on top. I will be making it but i need to get myself a springform pan first. Yummy!!!"
"My husband loves Pistachios so he made a special request for this one. The pudding did give it a different texture than my other cheesecakes. The crust didn't hold together as well as a graham cracker crust. Regardless, it was enjoyed by a lot of people!"
"THIS WAS A GREAT CHEESECAKE! I MADE IT FOR Thanksgiving THIS LAST YEAR. WHEN I MADE IT THE chocolate TOPPING DID NOT REALLY SOUND THAT APPEALING SO MY MOM(WHO DOESN'T DO MUCH baking) SUGGESTED A CRUSHED PINEAPPLE TOPPING, SO I WENT WITH THE SMUCKER'S PINEAPPLE ICE CREAM TOPPING AND IT REALLY WORKED GREAT. I DID FEEL LIKE THE NEXT TIME I MAKE IT, AND THERE WILL BE A NEXT TIME, THAT I WILL ADD AN EXTRA PACK OF PUDDING TO GIVE A STRONGER PRESENCE. =)"